Fri, Jun 11|
Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture
7-Day【Epic Hike】Shangri-La Holy Abuji & Tiger Leaping Gorge
Lost in a Tibetan world full of cliffs, pure lakes, dense forests, steep lifts and drops, loose and rocky earth, raging river, and epic towering snow mountains.
Time & Location
Jun 11, 2021, 7:00 AM – Oct 07, 2021, 11:00 AM
Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Abuji Cuo, Shangri-La City, Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, China
About the event
No Covid test needed for this trip
Very few tourists! Highly recommended!
Get lost in nature
and you will find yourself
Have long have you been trapped in the city? Do you want an escape to somewhere with no phone signals, no trace of human, but only the tranquility of nature? If yes, this is the perfect trip for you.
No matter if you are an outdoor enthusiast, or just feel the need of getting away from the crowds and noises of the city, this tour will bring you peace and satisfaction by taking you to embark on a trekking journey to three of the most stunning mountain trails in Yunnan - Abuji, Thousand Lake Mountain, and Tiger Leaping Gorge.
You’ll find yourself lost in a world full of cliffs, pure lakes, dense forests, steep lifts and drops, loose and rocky earth, raging river, and epic towering snow mountains.
After satisfying 4-day hiking, you'll also enjoy leisure activities and sightseeing around the legendary Shangri-La, to breathe in the Tibetan world and to discover the "Lost Horizon" dreamland dipict by British novelist James Hilton.
Pack your backpack and let's go home to nature.
1. Abuji Hike the holy Abuji, a hidden fairyland not open to the public. It’s a mountain paradise for outdoor lovers to admire the sheer beauty of the sacred snow mountains and pristine forests.
What does our Yunnan outdoor expert say about Abuji
"It's difficult to find such a pure place like Abuji nowadays. Its beauty touched me so deep that I can hardly put it into words. One can only feel the shock and the healing power of nature when he stands in it himself."
2. Tiger Leaping Gorge
Trekking two days in one of the top 10 hiking trails in the world - the Tiger Leaping Gorge - for dramatic natural sceneries! It is widely considered to be the finest treks in China due to its unbeatable snow-caped Himalayan peak and gorge
3. Thousand Lake Mountain
Hike the lesser-known Thousand Lake Mountain (Qianhu Mountain), famous for seas of wild azalea flowers and numerous beautiful lakes dotted in the hills. Like Abuji, this mountain is also well-preserved and undeveloped, and it's perfect for those who wants to escape to the real pristine nature.
Wonder in the Shangri-La old town and visit the magnificent Ganden Sumtseling, the most important monastery in southwest China.
Visit Napa Lake Natural Reserve, an overwhelmingly beautiful plateau wetland comprises of sapphire lakes, shimmering rivers, verdant grassland, flocks of yaks, sheep, and not to mention the colossal snow-capped Himalaya peaks surrounded on three sides.
* Relax in the beautiful Shuhe Ancient Town of Lijiang on the arrival day.
* Soak in the fascinating Tibetan culture along the journey, listening to the stories of Ancient Tea Horse Road, and find the most authentic Tibetan cuisine.
*Spend every night in beautiful boutique hotels.
Dragon Boat Holiday June 12-18th, 2021
Summer Holiday 1 July 10-16th, 2021
Summer Holiday 2 Jul31-Aug6, 2021
Mid-Autumn Holiday September 19-25th, 2021
Limited 6 early bird spots each group! Save your spot now!
Group Size: 6-26 people of different nationalities
Accommodation: 5 nights at 4-star standard boutique hotel in Lijiang and Shangri-La; 1 night at 3-star standard hotel in Tiger Leaping Gorge.
Hiking difficulty rating: ★★★☆☆
Moderately Strenuous: Long length and substantial elevation gain. Suitable for people of 10-65 years old.
Trip at a glance
D1 Lijiang arrival· Lijiang nightlife
D2 Lijiang - Tiger Leaping Gorge(80km | 1.5-2h)· Hike Tiger Leaping Gorge
D3 Tiger Leaping Gorge - Shangri-La(100km | 2h) Hike Tiger Leaping Gorge
D4 Shangri-La Abujicuo(30km | 2h) · Hike Abuji
D5 Shangri-La Thousand Lake Mountain(60km | 2h) · Hike Thousand Lake Mountain
D6 around Shangri-La(20km | 30m) · Ganden Sumtseling Monastery· Napa Lake
D7 Shangri-La - Lijiang departure(180km | 3h)
About the Hotel:
Day 1 in Lijiang 4 star standard hotel
Day 2 in Tiger Leaping Gorge 2-3 star standard hotel
Day 3,4,5,6 in Shangri-La 4 star standard hotel
√ Transport: 7 days of private local transport, airport picking up & seeing off service (only during the designated time)
√ Tour guide: Expert service from an experienced English-speaking local tour guide
√ 6-nights' accommodation: 4 star hotel in day 1,3,4,5,6; 3 star hotel in day 2
√ Entrance Tickets to all the main scenic spots listed in the itinerary
√ Some meals all breakfasts, two lunch
√ Travel insurance
√ Travel kit, first-aid kit, water, etc
What's not included:
× Main transportation (flights/train)
× The rest of the meals during the trip
× Single room supplement 1500rmb(May/Sep)|1800rmb(Jun-Aug)
× Invoice, personal expenses and unexpected expenses
What you should bring
1 ID card / Passport; some emergency cash
2. Suitcase and backpack
3. clothes for a wide range of temperature. (t-shirts, light jackets, warm jackts, thermals)
4. Hiking shoes is essential. Hiking sticks is recommended.
5. sunscreen, hats, skincare products, toiletries, charger, waterbottle, coffee, snacks, medicines, etc.
We take 3000rmb deposit for this 8-day trip when you sign up. If you cancel in above 28 days prior to departure, deposit will be refunded If you cancel 14 days prior to departure, 1000rmb will be kept as cancellation fee. If you cancel within 14 days, there will be no refund.
How to Deal with Altitude Sickness
Most of the destination in this tour is located in high-altitude area and there is a chance that you may get altitude sickness. Here are some tips for preventing altitude sickness.
1. Don't be too scared of the sickness. Most people will be ok with adequate preparation and knowledge.
2. Walk and move slowly even if you feel energetic.
3. Taking altitude sickness medicine before departure is recommended.
4. Prepare some medicine according to your doctor's suggestions. Also, vitamin B and C can make you feel better sooner.
5. Do not drink alcohol while at a high elevation
OKDeal Travel Disclaimer:
1.OKDealTravel does not accept anyresponsibility for the following unpredictable factors or changes caused byforce majeure:
A.Due to weather and other force majeurefactors: temporary closure of the scenic spot, suspension of sightseeingvehicles and other scenic areas;
B.Seasonal landscapes that depend on weather conditions, such as snow,flowers, leaves, etc., are greatly affected by weather changes and cannot beguaranteed. The pictures in the advertisements are for reference only;
2. The availability of the hotel facilities(amenities) such as swimming pools, saunas, fitness facilities,etc., the open and closing time may be changed by the hotel;
3. The price of the self-funded items inthe itinerary, such as hot springs, cycling, fruit picking, etc., may bechanged by the local owner. The price in the advertisement is forreference only.
4. If any uncontrollable factors, suchas weather, traffic, etc., affect the itinerary, in order to ensurethe safety of travelers, the itinerary may be adjusted accordingto the actual situation.
5. The hotel single bed or double bed availability is not guaranteed.
Dragon Boat Holiday June 12-18
Summer Holiday 1 July 10-16th
Summer Holiday 2 Jul 31- Aug 6
Mid-Autumn September 19-25