Sat, May 01|
8-Day【Last Pure Land】Yading Western Sichuan In-Depth Tour
This off-the-grid journey will take you far into the Uyghur heartland, as well as deep into the ancient multi-ethnic heritage of the region.
Time & Location
May 01, 2021, 7:00 AM – May 08, 2021, 11:00 AM
Kashgar Prefecture, Kashgar Prefecture, Xinjiang, China
About the event
Considering a nature trip out of box to seek the most undisturbed landscape?
The wild Western Sichuan is definitely one of the bucket-list destinations in China for outdoor lovers, the “Soul of Shangri-La” with extremely dreaming wonderland.
West of Chengdu, green tea becomes butter tea, gentle rolling hills morph into jagged snowy peaks and the Mandarin nǐ hǎo! gives way to Tibetan tashe deleg! This is the Western Sichuan, the Garze Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture.
In this tour, you'll drive along the 318 National Highway, the TOP 1 most beautiful self-driving route, into “the last pure land on our blue planet”, feasting your eyes on a dizzying agglomeration of sacred snow mountains, pure blue alphine lakes, immense grassland, pristine forest, rich Tibetan Buddhist cultural heritages, and discover China's best-kept secret where explorer Joseph Rock wanted to visit again and again.
1. An in-depth exploration across the wildland of Western Sichuan, full of undiscovered natural wonders and unique off-the-beaten-track experiences.
2. Make a pilgrimage to the three sacred snow mountains in search of the “the last pure land on our blue planet”; Hike to the fabulous Milk Lake and Five Color Lake to marvel at the unbelievable charms of such holy sceneries.
3. Eye satisfying discovery of the “Soul of Shangri-La” at Yading Nature Reserve in leisure hiking way with bus and horse riding; Immerse in the idyllic pasture with grazing cattles, layers of multicolored dense alphine forest, clear winding streams, and beautiful temples.
4. Drive in the 318 national highway throughout your journey connecting the middle part of the contry to Tibet. It's said to be the most beautiful highway in China and a TOP 1 buck-list self-driving tour route.
5. Get lost in the undisturbed Cuoka Lake, a secret fairyland hidden in the forest. Take a stroll, drink tea and meditate in what looks like an oil painting consisting of the green mountains, emerald lakes, and mysterious temples.
6. Experience Tibetan Culture in the Hidden Monastery and Village. Feel the harmony between nature and the local Tibetan people and the spirit of Tibetan Buddhism.
7. Wonder in the vast Tagong Grassland with snow-capped magnificent Yala Mountain as backdrop. Enjoy the harmonious scene with numerous yaks and sheep grazing on the fertile golden yellow grassland decorated with flourishing seasonal wild flowers under the blue sky.
8. Spend a relaxing day by a lesser-known mountain lake . Having afternoon tea with coffee and dessert and experience Tibetan "Shuangbazi".
9. Walk through the alien land at Ink Stone Park and appreciate the bizarre rock formations.
*Spend a night in the stunning Tagong Grassland at a cozy guesthouse under the starry night sky with floor-to-ceiling windows in three sides.
* Head for the dharma assembly, follow the pilgrims to visit the region’s largest scale Marnyi Stone pile, and get in touch with the wild animals that were rescued by the monks.
* Wonder through the old street in Daofu and Litang, two of the traditional Tibetan counties. Taste authentic Tibetan food and learn about the unique culture.
* Spend every night in comfortable hotel.
Want to have a one-in-a-lifetime journey to the Last Pure Land on Earth? Grab an early bird spot with the best price now!
Group Size: 6-26 people of different nationalities
Acommodation: D1 in Chengdu (4-5 star hotel); D 2,3,4 in Tagong/Daofu/Xinlong (local hotel or boutique guesthouse); D 5,6,7 in Daocheng/Yading (4-5 star hotel)
Hiking difficulty rating: ★★★☆☆Moderately Strenuous: Long length and substantial elevation gain. Suitable for people of 6-65 years old.
Trip at a glance D1Chengdu arrival, Welcome dinner D2 Chengdu - Tagong(370km | 5.5h) Tagong Grassland· Dharma assembly· Yala Snow Mountain D3 Tagong - Daofu(100km | 2h) Tagong Monastery· Moshi Park· Daofu mysterious land D4 Daofu - Ganzi - Xinlong(250km | 4h) Tibetan Buddhist Experience· Cuoka Lake D5 Xinlong - Litang - Daocheng(300km | 5h) · Cuoka Temple· Litang Ancient Town D6 Daocheng - Yading(110km | 2h)· Chonggu Monastery· Pearl Lake D7 Yading - Daocheng(110km | 2h) · Five Color Lake· Milk Lake· Luorong Pasture D8 Yading departure
√ Transport: 8 days of private local transport, airport picking up & seeing off service (only during the designated time)
√ Tour guide: Expert service from an experienced English-speaking local tour guide
√ 7-nights' accommodation: 4-5 star hotel in Day 1,5,6,7; local hotel or boutique guesthouse in day 2,3,4 (best local hotel)
√ Entrance Tickets to all the main scenic spots listed in the itinerary
√ Some meals all breakfasts, complimentary welcome dinner, one outdoor afternoon tea in Daofu, one local Tibetan family meal expericence.
√ Travel insurance
√ travel kit, first-aid kit, water, etc
What's not included:
× Main transportation (flights/train)
× The rest of the meals during the trip
× Single room supplement 2000rmb (Apr/May); 2500rmb (Jun/Jul/Aug/Sep)
× Invoice, personal expenses and unexpected expenses
What you should bring
1 ID card / Passport; some emergency cash2. Suitcase and backpack3. clothes for a wide range of temperature. (t-shirts, light jackets, warm jackts, thermals)4. Hiking shoes is essential. Hiking sticks is recommended.5. sunscreen, hats, skincare products, toiletries, charger, waterbottle, coffee, snacks, medicines, etc.
We take 3000rmb deposit for this 8-day trip when you sign up. If you cancel in above 28 days prior to departure, deposit will be refunded If you cancel 14 days prior to departure, 1000rmb will be kept as cancellation fee. If you cancel within 14 days, there will be no refund.
How to Deal with Altitude Sickness
Most of the destination in this tour is located in high-altitude area and there is a chance that you may get altitude sickness. Here are some tips for preventing altitude sickness.
1. Don't be too scared of the sickness. Most people will be ok with adequate preparation and knowledge.
2. Walk and move slowly even if you feel energetic.
3. Taking altitude sickness medicine before departure is recommended.
4. Prepare some medicine according to your doctor's suggestions. Also, vitamin B and C can make you feel better sooner.
5. Do not drink alcohol while at a high elevation
OKDeal Travel Disclaimer:
1.OKDealTravel does not accept anyresponsibility for the following unpredictable factors or changes caused byforce majeure:
A.Due to weather and other force majeurefactors: temporary closure of the scenic spot, suspension of sightseeingvehicles and other scenic areas;
B.Seasonal landscapes that depend on weather conditions, such as snow,flowers, leaves, etc., are greatly affected by weather changes and cannot beguaranteed. The pictures in the advertisements are for reference only;
2. The availability of the hotel facilities(amenities) such as swimming pools, saunas, fitness facilities,etc., the open and closing time may be changed by the hotel;
3. The price of the self-funded items inthe itinerary, such as hot springs, cycling, fruit picking, etc., may bechanged by the local owner. The price in the advertisement is forreference only.
4. If any uncontrollable factors, suchas weather, traffic, etc., affect the itinerary, in order to ensurethe safety of travelers, the itinerary may be adjusted accordingto the actual situation.
5. The hotel single bed or double bed availability is not guaranteed.
May Holiday May 1-8
Dragon Boat Holiday June 12-19
Summer Holiday 1 July 3-10th
Summer Holiday2 July 31 - Aug2
Mid-Autumn September 19-26