Sat, Dec 18|
Dec 18-24【Hike in Kham】Holy Yala Snow Mountain & Largest Glacier
In this 7-day in-depth trip, you’ll have the chance to hike into this mysterious paradise leaded by professional Tibetan guide; passing serene highland lakes, wild natural pasture, verdant origin forest, grand ancient glaciers.
Time & Location
Dec 18, 2021, 7:00 AM – Dec 24, 2021, 11:00 AM
Ganzi Zangzuzizhizhou, China, Sichuan Sheng, Ganzi Zangzuzizhizhou, Daofu Xian, 303省道
About the event
Hiking in holy snow mountain.
In the southeast of Tibetan Plateau, deep in the Tagong Grassland of Kham, lies a 5800m high pure white pyramid, the holy Yala Snow Mountain (བཞག་བྲ། “White Yak of the East”). Recorded in the “Epic of King Gesar”, Yala Snow Mountain is one of the four holy mountains of Tibetan Region worshiped by locals for thousands of years. The summit has never been conquered by hikers, and one can only learn its legend and myth through the mouth of local Tibetan nomads.
Customer Service Wechat: OKDealTravel
What to Expect?
1. Yala Snow Moutain
The holy white lotus blooming on the misty land of Kham
4000m shining jade reflecting snow-capped Yala mountain peaks
3. Yala wild hot springs
Feel the warmth of nature
4. Hailuogou Glacier
An ice-blue fairyland
5. Hailuogou hot spring
Heavenly hot soak
6. Ink Stone Park
Adventure to 'Interstellar' alien planet
7. Tagong Grassland& Tagong Temple
An exotic nomad dream
8. A Tibetan life
Dining with local Tibetan nomad family; make traditional Tibetan Tuoyin art of your own, and listen to the ancient legend and tales at night
9. 318 National Highway
A movie-like dream road trip into the legendary Tibetan Plateau
Trip at a Glance:
Day 1 · Chengdu arrival -🚌3.5h- Kangding🏨 4 star hotel🚌 260km;3.5h*Please arrive at Chengdu before 12:40pm ONLY
Day 2 · Kangding -🚌2h- Xinduqiao -🚌1h- Ink Stone Park -🚌10min- Bamei🏨 4 star hotel🚌 138km; 3h
Day 3 · Bamei -🚌30min- Yala Snow Mountain -(🥾6km; 4-5h)-🚌30min- Bamei🏨 4 star hotel🚌 40km; 1h | 🥾 6km; 4-5h
Day 4 · Bamei -🚌30min- Yala Snow Mountain -(🥾6km; 4-5h) -🚌1h- Tagong Grassland🏨 4 star hotel🚌 70km; 1.5h
Day 5 · Tagong Grassland -🚌4h- Hailuogou🏨 4 star hot spring hotel🚌 160km; 4h
Day 6 · Hailuogou Glacier National Forest Park🏨 4 star hot spring hotel
Day 7 · Hailuogou -🚌4.5h- Chengdu🚌 300km; 4.5h*Please book your return flight depart after 3:30pm ONLY
Destination: Western Sichuan
Group size: 6-20 people
Group date (7 days and 6 nights)
December 18-24th, 2021
Price: 6699rmb (6 spots left)
Early bird price: 6399rmb (full)
New Group! (Chinese New Year)
January 31th - February 6th, 2022
Early bird price: 6699rmb (open now)
only 6 early bird spots! Grab it now!
Hotel: 6 nights at best local 4 star best with daily breakfast
Local weather in December: Yala Snow Mountain(10℃ in daytime); Hailuogou Glacier(2℃ in daytime); Tagong Grassland (6℃ in daytime)
Hiking difficulty rating: Day 3 and day 4 contains high altitude light hiking; Rating: ★★★☆☆☆☆; Suitable for all physically healthy people of 8-65 years old.
1. 3000rmb deposit needs to be paid when you sign up; the balance needs to be paid 7 days prior to departure.
2. Please note that hotel rooms are twin shared rooms. If you register as a solo traveler, we'll try to arrange other same gender solo guest to share the room, but if there's no other solo guest, you'll need to pay the single room supplement.
3. For detailed sign up/ rufund/ kids fee/ hotel room/safety policies, please send "3" and read it carefully.
√ Transport: 7 days of private local transport, airport picking up service during designated time of arrival.
√ Tour guide: experienced English-speaking local tour guide
√ 6-nights' accommodation: 6 nights at 4 star hotel with daily breakfast.
√Entrance Tickets to all the main scenic spots listed in the itinerary
√ Travel insurance
√ first-aid kit, water, OKDeal gift pack, etc
What's not included:
× Main transportation (flights/train) from and to Lanzhou City
× Lunch and dinner during the trip
× Single room supplement 1650rmb
× Invoice, personal expenses and unexpected expenses
What you should bring:
1. Original passport; some emergency cash
2. Outdoor clothes:*Temperature in December is relatively high in daytime (around 3-12℃) , but very low at night. (around -3℃);For daytime activity, you should wear winter clothes in layers - quick-dry shirt/shell jacket/insulated jacket/wool socks/winter hiking boots, etc; Accsesorries like winter hats, gloves and scarf are reccommended. For night time, all hotels have AC or heater, so it's not a problem.
3. For the hiking: The trip contains light hiking in Day 3 and Day 4; it's not intense but hiking shoes is essential! trekking pole is optional. Don't forget to bring some energy snacks and water.
4. sunscreen; moisturizing skincare products; toileteries; other personal hygiene products.
5. basic medicines, waterbottle, energy snacks, instant coffee, portable charger, books, earphones, etc.
About high altitude sickness:
The altitude during the trip is around 2000m, only in day 3 and day 4 it'll reach 3000-4000m while hiking in Yala Snow Mountain. You may feel a little sick at first. But don't worry, drink lots of water and have enough sleep, you won't have strong symptoms. You could also take the tablet hongjingtian (红景天) starting 7 days prior to departure as precaution.
Flight schedule for reference
To: 08:10 - 11:30, China Eastern Airlines MU5401Shanghai Hongqiao T2 ➡️ Chengdu Shuangliu Airport T2
Back: 15:45 - 18:40, Sichuan Airlines 3U8965Chengdu Shuangliu Airport T1 ➡️ Shanghai Putong T2
OKDeal Travel Disclaimer:
1.OKDealTravel does not accept anyresponsibility for the following unpredictable factors or changes caused byforce majeure:
A.Due to weather and other force majeurefactors: temporary closure of the scenic spot, suspension of sightseeingvehicles and other scenic areas;
B.Seasonal landscapes that depend on weather conditions, such as snow,flowers, leaves, etc., are greatly affected by weather changes and cannot beguaranteed. The pictures in the advertisements are for reference only;
2. The availability of the hotel facilities(amenities) such as swimming pools, saunas, fitness facilities,etc., the open and closing time may be changed by the hotel;
3. The price of the self-funded items inthe itinerary, such as hot springs, cycling, fruit picking, etc., may bechanged by the local owner. The price in the advertisement is forreference only.
4. If any uncontrollable factors, suchas weather, traffic, etc., affect the itinerary, in order to ensurethe safety of travelers, the itinerary may be adjusted accordingto the actual situation.
5. The hotel single bed or double bed availability is not guaranteed.
December 18-24th, 2021
CNY Jan. 31th - Feb. 6th, 2022