Sun, Dec 26|
Dec 26/Jan 21【Legendary China Silk Road】Dunhuang/ Jiayuguan/ Zhangye Upgraded Winter Edition 7 - Day Tour
An epic journey across diverse landscapes to see some of the country’s most sublime natural scneries and cultural relics
Time & Location
Dec 26, 2021, 7:00 PM – Jan 21, 2022, 11:00 PM
Zhangye, Zhangye, Gansu, China
About the event
Itinerary upgraded! 🌟🌟🌟
1. Arrive in Dunhuang and depart from Zhangye to save more time
2. Lots of awesome new activities added! Including snow mountain visiting, canyon hiking, desert large outdoor art exhibition, glacier erosion Danxia geopark, etc
Discover the treasures of the legendary Silk Road on this 7-day trip specially designed for winter season.
Adventure through the gigantic regions of northwest China - an almost dizzying agglomeration of desert, grassland, raging river and colossal mountains - retracing the ancient trade route that linked East and West.
An epic journey across diverse landscapes to see some of the country’s most sublime natural scneries and cultural relics. From the unreal Rainbow Mountain and miracle desert oasis to the final frontier of China's Great Wall and rock-cut Buddhist masterpieces, this is an unforgettable Eastern odyssey.
The Silk Road has always been about images of camel caravans, turbaned traders, desert crossings and oasis cities, and, even today, the route delivers on these romantic dreams.
Yet travelling its ancient trails is, at heart, a trip through history. You will pass great treasures of Buddhist and Islamic art and architecture, clamber through the western-most point of China's Great Wall, and traverse some of China’s wildest geography.
Pack your baggage, and join us to trace the footprints of ancient travelers! Take a deep breath – this is truly gonna be an epic journey.
🌟 NEW! Barrs Snow Mountain!A winter wonderland that only few knows.
🌟 NEW! surreal Gobi desert large outdoor art exhibition "Boundless"
🌟 NEW! Alien Valley Geopark; a different kind of Danya spectacle
🌟Follow the route of the ancient Silk Road, travelling in the footsteps of countless generations of nomads and traders.
🌟Discover the unreal, ancient rainbow-coloured landscape of Zhangye, a UNESCO site that looks like countless pots of bright paint have been spilled across sandstone mountains. You won't be able to put your camera away!
🌟Ride a camel across the desert in Dunhuang in search of Crescent Lake, a desert oasis that has to be seen to be believed.
🌟 Visit one of China's most magnificent Canyon, the Pingshan Lake Grand Canyon. It's majestic beauty is nothing less than the Grand Canyon in the U.S.
🌟Immerse yourself in the Buddhist heritage of the Mogao Caves in Dunhuang, comprising the largest, most richly endowed, and longest used treasure house of Buddhist art in the world, famed as the “Louvre of East”.
🌟Clamber up Jiayunguan, an impressive fort and the final frontier of China’s Great Wall that evoke an ‘end of empire’ flavour.
🌟Witness the wildest landscapes on earth in the vast Gobi Desert of Gansu.
🌟 Enjoy the delicious northwest cuisine, one of the most popular cusines in China featuring a wide variety of exotic meats, hand-pulled noodles and other flour-made dishes.
🌟 4-5 star expat friendly hotels with daily breakfasts throughout the trip. A good night's sleep is essential for a long tour.
Destination: Gansu Province, China
Group size: 4-20 people of different nationalities
Accommodation: 4-5 star hotel with daily breakfast buffet
Trip at a glance
Day 1 · Dunhuang arrival🏨 4 star hotel in Dunhuang
Day 2 · Dunhuang✨ Mogao Cave; Echo Sand Dune & Crescent Lake; night market🏨 4 star hotel in Dunhuang🚌 1h
Day 3 · Dunhuang -4h- Jiayuguan✨ desert art outdoor exhibition; Jiayuguan Fort; Greatwall🏨 4 star hotel in Jiayuguan🚌 4h
Day 4 · Jiayuguan -4h- Zhangye✨ Barrs Snow Mountain🏨 4 star hotel in Zhangye🚌 3.5-4h
Day 5 · Zhangye✨ Rainbow Mountain; Alien Valley geopark🏨 4 star hotel in Zhangye🚌 2h
Day 6 · Zhangye✨ Pingshan Grand Canyon; Mati Temple🏨 4 star hotel in Zhangye🚌 2-3h
Day 7 · depart from Zhangye
2022-23 Winter Group (7D6N)
Dec 26th, 2022 - Jan 1st, 2023
January 21st-27th, 2023Price: 5990rmb
Early bird price: ONLY 5590rmb
ONLY 4 early bird spots! Grab it now!
Group size: 4-26 people
Accommodation: Trip.com 4 star hotel
What's included: √ Transport: 7 days of local transport, one-time airport picking up & seeing off service during the designated time of arrival
√ English-speaking local tour guide
√ 6-nights' accommodation: 4 star hotels with daily breakfast
√ Entrance Tickets to all the main scenic spots listed in the itinerary
√ Travel insurance
√ first-aid kit, water, etc
What's not included: × main transportation (flights/train)
× Single room supplement: 1200rmb
x main meals during the trip
× tips to the driver and local tour guides
× Personal expenses, and unexpected expenses
Optional Activities:(the price is only for reference)
Camel riding at Echoing Sand Dune: 120rmb/person
Impression Dunhuang Show: 288rmb/person
What You Should Bring:
1. ID card /passport and enough cash.
2. sufficient face masks.
2. Take clothing for a wide range of temperatures (-10 - 15℃), several sets of clothes and underwears. It is always advisable that you bring extra clothes and a warm jacket just in case the weather becomes chilly.
3.Suitcase, backpack. A backpack is a good choice to put all the necessities: rain gear, water, camera, electric torch, maps, medicines etc.
4. Sun block, sunglasses, hats and lip balm are essential to protect you from sun and wind burns.
5. Scarves or some protective material are a must when the weather becomes windy to protect you from the sand (especially in desert areas)
6.Basic medical supplies, perhaps a small first aid kit plus medicines for ordinary ailments, such as aspirin, travel sickness tablets and other tablets.
7. Comfortable shoes are very important because you will be walking most of the time although there are some spots where camel rides are required. Sports shoes or low-heeled shoes are your best bet.
8. Mobile phone, camera and relating chargers.
9. High-energy snacks (chocolate, energy bars etc.)
10. Toiletries and skin care products.
1. We take 3000 deposit for this 7-day trip when you sign up. If you cancel 28 days before departure, we will give you a full refund. If you cancel 14 days before departure, we will keep half of the deposit as cancellation fee; if you cancel within two weeks, we cannot offer you a refund.
2. Please book flights according to the arriving time we recommend. Our complimentary pick-up and lift-off service will only be provided during these period of time. 3. Please note that hotel rooms are twin shared rooms. If you register as a solo traveler, we'll try to arrange other same gender solo guest to share the room, but if there's no other solo guest, you'll need to pay the single room supplement.
What you should know before sign up:
1. The northwest China is a gigantic region and the everyday bus ride is relatively long that takes around 2-5 hours per day. We recommend you to prepare enough entertainment (movies, games and music), wear comfortable clothes and shoes, and could bring a neckpillow.
2. The bus will stop every 2-3 hours at the midstop for you to go to the bathroom and buy some food. But please note that the condition in the public bathroom in west China is limited, some don't even have running water. Remember to bring tissues and sanitizer.
3. We wiil arrange 4 star standard hotel throughout the trip. But please note that the room condition and breakfast in West China's 4 star hotel may not match up the standard of that in Shanghai, and some may not provide coffee or only instant coffee. We will bring some coffee, but we strongly suggest you to at least bring some of your own.
4. Mogao Cave and Rainbow Mountain requires a health check register at the entrance and it might take some time (around 15-30minutes), please be patient.
5. Domestic guests (including HongKong and Taiwan passport holder) and foreign guests will be in separeted group at Mogao Cave scenic spot due to the local policy. Please understand.
6. Local policy is keep changing during the pandemic time which could affect the tour schedule. If the scenic spot closed, we will change the schedule and find the best alternatives we could.
OKDeal Travel Disclaimer:
1.OKDealTravel does not accept anyresponsibility for the following unpredictable factors or changes caused byforce majeure:
A.Due to weather and other force majeurefactors: temporary closure of the scenic spot, suspension of sightseeingvehicles and other scenic areas;
B.Seasonal landscapes that depend on weather conditions, such as snow,flowers, leaves, etc., are greatly affected by weather changes and cannot beguaranteed. The pictures in the advertisements are for reference only;
2. The availability of the hotel facilities(amenities) such as swimming pools, saunas, fitness facilities,etc., the open and closing time may be changed by the hotel;
3. The price of the self-funded items inthe itinerary, such as hot springs, cycling, fruit picking, etc., may bechanged by the local owner. The price in the advertisement is forreference only.
4. If any uncontrollable factors, suchas weather, traffic, etc., affect the itinerary, in order to ensurethe safety of travelers, the itinerary may be adjusted accordingto the actual situation.
5. The hotel single bed or double bed availability is not guaranteed.
Dec 26th, 2022 - Jan 1st, 2023CN¥5,990.00
CNY January 21st-27th, 2023CN¥5,990.00