Sun, Apr 03|
Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture
【Outdoor Paradise】Yubeng Trekking, Balagezong Grand Canyon & Village Winery
This is a sophisticated hiking trip with the most classic and beautiful part of the best highlights of Yubeng, starting from Xidang Village, passing glaciers, snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, primitive forest and pastures...
Time & Location
Apr 03, 2022, 7:00 AM – Sep 16, 2022, 7:00 AM
Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan, China
About the event
Customer Service Wechat: OKDealTravel
Nestled in a farming valley on the border of Tibet, surrounded by 13 over 6000m Meili Snow Mountains, amongst lush virgin forests lie the 2 small villages of Upper and Lower Yubeng.
For hundreds of years, villagers here lived a recluse life under the Holy Kawagebo mountain, and there’s only one post road that connects them to the outside world. It is the epitome of real Shangri-La.
This is a sophisticated hiking trip upgraded from the previous Yubeng route. We picked the most classic and beautiful part with the best highlights of Yubeng, Starting from Upper Yubeng Village, passing glaciers, snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, primitive forests and pastures...
Grab your hiking boots and let's go for an epic adventure!
Hiking Route Info
· 7-day trip, 4-day hiking
· Elevation range: 2150-3900m
· Hiking distance: 45km in total
· Hiking difficulty rating: ★★★★☆☆☆
· Suitable for: 16-65 year olds with good physical condition
· physical capability reference: For outdoor lovers who exercise regularly, ( e.g could easily done Mt. Wugong or Mt. Wutai hiking) , most can completely finish Yubeng hiking route.
* Retrace the holy Mt. Meili pilgrimage. Spend 4 days hiking the most beautiful part of Yubeng.
* Appreciate the thousand-year-old glaciers at "Ice Lake".
* Trek to "Holy Waterfall" and fllow the Tibetan tradition to circle it 3 times to receive the blessing.
* Stay overnight in Yubeng village to catch the first rays of golden sunrise on Mt. Meili.
* Hike across ancient virgin forests and encounter wildlife.
* Worship at Holy Kawagebo and witness the 13 Golden Peaks at Feilai Temple.
* Relax in the otherworldly Yubeng village, a real Shangri-La lost paradise.
* Visit Cizhong Village hidden in the mountain,famous for its vineyard and unique "Rose Honey" wine.
* Spend a night in Shangri-La Dukezong Ancient Town and dance Guozhuang with the local Tibetan people.
* Explore the magnificent Balagezong Grand Canyon.
* Hike to the stunning Mingyong Glaciers.
*Visit the Moon-shaped Bend of Jinsha River.
Tirp at a glance:
Day 1 · Shangri-La arrival🏨 4 star hotel in Shangri-La🍲 welcome dinner yak hotpot
Day 2 · Shangri-La -🚌2h- Benzilan: Balagezong Grand Canyon -🚌1h- Jinsha River Bend -🚌2h- Feilai Temple🏨 4 star hotel with Mt. Meili Views in Feilai Temple🚌 210km; 5h
Day 3 · Feilai Temple(3400m) -🚌1h- Xidang Village(2635m) -🥾5h- Upper Yubeng Village(3160m)🏨 boutique guest house in Yubeng🚌 33km; 1h🥾 14km; 6h
Day 4 · Upper Yubeng Village(3160m) <🥾7h round trip> Ice Lake(3864m)🏨 boutique guest house in Yubeng🥾 14km; 7h
Day 5 · Upper Yubeng Village(3160m) -🥾30min- Lower Yubeng Village(3054m) <🥾6h round trip> Holy Waterfall(3657m)🏨 boutique guest house in Yubeng🥾 11km; 6h
Day 6 · Lower Yubeng Village(3054m) -🥾5h- Ni'nong Village(2150m) -🚌1h- Cizhong Village🏨 4 star hotel in Cizhong Village🥾 14km; 5h | 🚌 50km; 1h
Day 7 · Cizhong Village -🚌4.5h- Shangri-La🚌 230km; 4.5h
Group date: (7 day 6 night)
Destination: Diqing, Yunnan, China
Trip route: Shangri-La - Feilai Temple - Yubeng - Cizhong - Shangri-La
Group date (7d6n)
· July 24-30th
· August 6-12th
Early bird price: ONLY 6290rmb!
*Limited 6 early bird spots! Save your spot now!
Accommodation: 3-5 star hotel and boutique guest house with daily breakfast
Group Size: 6-20 people
√ Tourist bus transportation with experienced local driver during tour and one-time airport picking-up and seeing-off service during designated time of arrival/departure
√ 6 nights accommondation: Trip.com 4 star hotel in Shangri-La and boutique guest house in Yubeng ; daily breakfast
√ All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
√ Experienced English speaking local outdoor hiking guide
√ Travel insurance;
√ First-aid kit; OKDeal gift bag; premium coffee and daily water
Price does not include:
× Main transportation (flight/train)
× lunch and dinner
× Single room supplement: 1800rmb
× Invoice and other personal expenses
1. 3000rmb deposit needs to be paid when you sign up; the balance needs to be paid 7 days prior to departure.
2. Please note that hotel rooms are twin shared rooms. If you register as a solo traveler, we'll try to arrange other same gender solo guest to share the room, but if there's no other solo guest, you'll need to pay the single room supplement.
3. for detailed sign up/ rufund/ kids fee/ hotel room/safety policies, please send "3" and read it carefully.
What you should know before signing up
Yubeng is a moderately-strenuous high altitude hiking route. Please assess your physical capability carefully before signing up and keep regular exercise before setting out. This trip is suitable for 16-65 year-old people with good physical condition. It is NOT suitable for people with heart diasease, high blood pressure, acrophobia, claustrophobia, etc.
About high altitude sickness. The altitude of Yubeng is 3300+m on average. Yubeng has relatively high oxygen level. Always keep good rest and follow the tour guide's advise and you don't have to worry about high altitude sickness.
· Be in good physical condition. Yubeng is a moderately-strenuous high altitude hiking route. Please assess your physical capability carefully before signing up and keep regular exercise before setting out.
· Always follow the tour guide. Do not hike by yourself in any circumstance during the trip. Do not go near cliffs for photos.
· Always wear appropriate outdoor clothing.
· Be sure to carry a first aid kit/emergency signaling devices
· Be weather-wise. Waterproof clothes/shoes is important.Be alert for slippery areas and take your time to avoid tripping.
· Do not drink alcohol throughout the 4 days in Yubeng.
What you should bring
1. original passport; some emergency cash
2. outdoor equipments: outdoor backpack, tekking pole, suitcase; quick-dry shirt, shell jacket (adding insulated jacket in cooler months), hiking socks, 2 pairs of hiking footwear in case of rainy weather
3. sunscreen, hats, shades, skincare product, toiletries
4. basic medicines, waterbottle, energy snacks, portable charger, etc.
Flight schedule for reference
Day 1: Shanghai ➡️ Shangri-La09:05 Shanghai Pudong International Airport T1 -(China Eastern Airlines MU7892)- 15:10 Shangri-La airport
Day 7: Shangri-La ➡️ Shanghai15:55 Shangri-La -(China Eastern Airline MU7891)- 21:55 Shanghai Pudong International Airport T1
1. OKDealTravel does not accept anyresponsibility for the following unpredictable factors or changes caused byforce majeure:A.Due to weather and other force majeurefactors: temporary closure of the scenic spot, suspension of sightseeingvehicles and other scenic areas;B.Seasonal landscapes that depend on weather conditions, such as snow,flowers, leaves, etc., are greatly affected by weather changes and cannot beguaranteed. The pictures in the advertisements are for reference only;
2. The availability of the hotel facilities(amenities) such as swimming pools, saunas, fitness facilities,etc., the open and closing time may be changed by the hotel;
3. The price of the self-funded items inthe itinerary, such as hot springs, cycling, fruit picking, etc., may bechanged by the local owner. The price in the advertisement is forreference only.
4. If any uncontrollable factors, suchas weather, traffic, etc., affect the itinerary, in order to ensurethe safety of travelers, the itinerary may be adjusted accordingto the actual situation.
5. The hotel single bed or double bed availability is not guaranteed.
July 24 -30th ,2022
August 13-19th ,2022
September 10-16th ,2022
Mid-Autumn Festival Holiday