Sun, Sep 19|
Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture
Sep/Oct/Nov【Outdoor Paradise】Yubeng In-Depth Hiking & Wine Heaven!
TOP 1 Beginners' High Altitude Hiking Route
Time & Location
Sep 19, 2021, 7:00 AM – Nov 12, 2021, 11:00 PM
Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan, China
About the event
Nestled in a farming valley on the border of Tibet, surrounded by 13 over 6000m Meili Snow Mountains, amongst lush virgin forests lie the 2 small villages of Upper and Lower Yubeng.
For hundreds of years, villagers here lived a recluse life under the Holy Kawagebo mountain, and there’s only one post road that connects them to the outside world. It is an epitome of real Shangri-La.
This is a sophisticated hiking trip upgraded from previous Yubeng route. We picked the most classic and beautiful part with the best highlights of Yubeng, Starting from Upper Yubeng Village, passing glaciers, snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, primitive forest and pastures...
Grab your hiking boots and let's go for an epic adventure!
* Retrace the holy Mt. Meili pilgrimage. Spend 4 days hiking the most beautiful part of Yubeng.
* Appreciate the thousand-year-old glaciers at "Ice Lake".
* Trek to "Holy Waterfall" and fllow the Tibetan tradition to circle it 3 times to receive the blessing.
* Stay overnight in Yubeng village to catch the first rays of golden sunrise on Mt. Meili.
* Hike across ancient virgin forests and encounter wildlife.
* Worship at Holy Kawagebo and witness the 13 Golden Peaks at Feilai Temple.
* Relax in the otherworldly Yubeng village, a real Shangri-La lost paradise.
* Visit Cizhong Village hidden in the mountain,famous for its vineyard and unique "Rose Honey" wine.
* Spend a night in Shangri-La Dukezong Ancient Town and dance Guozhuang with the local Tibetan people.
* Explore the magnificent Balagezong Grand Canyon.
* Hike to the stunning Mingyong Glaciers.
*Visit the Moon-shaped Bend of Jinsha River.
Tirp at a glance:
Day 1 · Shangri-La arrival🏨 4 star hotel in Shangri-La🍲 welcome dinner yak hotpot
Day 2 · Shangri-La -🚌2h- Benzilan: Balagezong Grand Canyon -🚌1h- Jinsha River Bend -🚌2h- Feilai Temple🏨 4 star hotel with Mt. Meili Views in Feilai Temple🚌 210km; 5h
Day 3 · Feilai Temple(3400m) -🚌1h- Mingyong Glacier(3000m) -🚌1h- Xidang Village(2635m) -🚙1h- Upper Yubeng Village(3160m)🏨 boutique guest house in Yubeng🚌 🚙 100km; 3h
Day 4 · Upper Yubeng Village(3160m) <🥾7h round trip> Ice Lake(3864m)🏨 boutique guest house in Yubeng🥾 14km; 7h
Day 5 · Upper Yubeng Village(3160m) -🥾30min- Lower Yubeng Village(3054m) <🥾6h round trip> Holy Waterfall(3657m)🏨 boutique guest house in Yubeng🥾 11km; 6h
Day 6 · Lower Yubeng Village(3054m) -🥾5h- Ni'nong Village(2150m) -🚌1h- Cizhong Village🏨 4 star hotel in Cizhong Village🥾 14km; 5h | 🚌 50km; 1h
Day 7 · Cizhong Village -🚌4.5h- Shangri-La🚌 230km; 4.5h
Group date: (7 day 6 night)
- September 19-25th
- October 9-15th
- November 6-12th
Accommodation: 3-5 star hotel and boutique guest house with daily breakfast
Group Size: 6-20 people
Hiking difficulty rate: ★★★★☆☆☆ Moderately-Strenuous
*Suitable 16-65 year-old outdoor lovers with good physical condition.
√ Tourist bus transportation with experienced local driver during tour and one-time airport picking-up and seeing-off service during designated time of arrival/departure
√ 6 nights accommondation: Trip.com 4 star hotel in Shangri-La and boutique guest house in Yubeng ; daily breakfast
√ All admission fee of tourists sites listed in the itinerary
√ Experienced English speaking local outdoor hiking guide
√ Travel insurance;√ First-aid kit; OKDeal gift bag; premium coffee and daily water
Price does not include:
× Main transportation (flight/train)
× lunch and dinner
× Single room supplement: 1800rmb
× Invoice and other personal expenses
1. 3000rmb deposit needs to be paid when you sign up; the balance needs to be paid 7 days prior to departure.
2. Please note that hotel rooms are twin shared rooms. If you register as a solo traveler, we'll try to arrange other same gender solo guest to share the room, but if there's no other solo guest, you'll need to pay the single room supplement.
3. for detailed sign up/ rufund/ kids fee/ hotel room/safety policies, please send "3" and read it carefully.
What you should know before signing up
Yubeng is a moderately-strenuous high altitude hiking route. Please assess your physical capability carefully before signing up and keep regular exercise before setting out. This trip is suitable for 16-65 year-old people with good physical condition. It is NOT suitable for people with heart diasease, high blood pressure, acrophobia, claustrophobia, etc.
About high altitude sickness. The altitude of Yubeng is 3300+m on average. Yubeng has relatively high oxygen level. Always keep good rest and follow the tour guide's advise and you don't have to worry about high altitude sickness.
· Be in good physical condition. Yubeng is a moderately-strenuous high altitude hiking route. Please assess your physical capability carefully before signing up and keep regular exercise before setting out.
· Always follow the tour guide. Do not hike by yourself in any circumstance during the trip. Do not go near cliffs for photos.
· Always wear appropriate outdoor clothing.
· Be sure to carry a first aid kit/emergency signaling devices
· Be weather wise. Waterproof clothes/shoes is important.Be alert for slippery areas and take your time to avoid tripping.
· Do not drink alcohol throughout the 4 days in Yubeng.
What you should bring
1. original passport; some emergency cash
2. outdoor equipments: outdoor backpack, tekking pole, suitcase; quick-dry shirt, shell jacket (adding insulated jacket in cooler months), hiking socks, 2 pairs of hiking footwear in case of rainy weather
3. sunscreen, hats, shades, skincare product, toiletries
4. basic medicines, waterbottle, energy snacks, portable charger, etc.
1. OKDealTravel does not accept anyresponsibility for the following unpredictable factors or changes caused byforce majeure:A.Due to weather and other force majeurefactors: temporary closure of the scenic spot, suspension of sightseeingvehicles and other scenic areas;B.Seasonal landscapes that depend on weather conditions, such as snow,flowers, leaves, etc., are greatly affected by weather changes and cannot beguaranteed. The pictures in the advertisements are for reference only;
2. The availability of the hotel facilities(amenities) such as swimming pools, saunas, fitness facilities,etc., the open and closing time may be changed by the hotel;
3. The price of the self-funded items inthe itinerary, such as hot springs, cycling, fruit picking, etc., may bechanged by the local owner. The price in the advertisement is forreference only.
4. If any uncontrollable factors, suchas weather, traffic, etc., affect the itinerary, in order to ensurethe safety of travelers, the itinerary may be adjusted accordingto the actual situation.
5. The hotel single bed or double bed availability is not guaranteed.
September 19-25thCN¥6,599.00+CN¥164.98 service fee
October 9-15thCN¥6,599.00+CN¥164.98 service fee
November 6-12thCN¥6,599.00+CN¥164.98 service fee